Worse Option for Cleaning Neckties
1) Drycleaner shops, which you see in your neighbourhood, do not clean the products in their facility, and they are just collecting the clothing and accessories and passing them to the drycleaning center. In the drycleaning center, they treat clothing and accessories together with the same method in different gravity and type of the stains and composition of the materials.
Products should be cleaned individually, wet or dry depending on the material composition, size of the stain, and products made from one type of material or several different materials. In the case of a few different kinds of materials, they should despatch the products and wash or clean them separately and sew them back in their original condition.
2) Neckties are made from three different layers and types of materials. Silk is the primary material, and the lining of the ties is made of wool, or a combination of modal, viscose, cotton, and sometimes polyester depend on the designer’s brand level and cost. Of course, polyester is the cheapest option.
Because of the chemical treatment, which dry cleaners use for cleaning, these three materials react differently and damage the ties most of the time.
3) Drycleaners press the tie after the cleaning process. You will see the sign of the edge and double line, which changes the look of the necktie.
- Remove the stain as soon as possible from ties with a clean tissue.
- It would be best to try water and liquid soap by rubbing with a white cloth to remove the stain.
- Or find a professional cleaning company that can treat every stain and item individually.